Harmony Ink Press is accepting manuscripts for young adult fiction featuring at least one strong asexual/aromantic main character who shows significant personal growth through the course of the story. Identifying as part of the asexual/aromantic spectrum can be part of the growth process depicted in the book. We are looking for stories in all subgenres, featuring primary characters across the whole asexual/aromantic spectrum between the ages of 14 and 18 that explore all the facets of young adult life. Sexual content should be appropriate for the characters and the story. Manuscripts may contain any level of sexual content; however, excessive, crude or extremely explicit descriptions will be rejected. Sex between a minor and an adult (whether consensual or abuse) will only be accepted if it is implied, off page, has realistic consequences, and overcoming the occurrence contributes to the growth of the character in a positive way.
- Asexual/aromantic primary character between the ages of 14 and 18 who shows significant personal growth through the course of the story.
- Authentic voice, unforgettable characters, and powerful world building (even for contemporary stories).
- Novella or novel length (15,000-90,000 words). All manuscripts over 45,000 words will release in print as well as ebook.
- Any subgenre is acceptable with a fresh premise.
- Novel: 45,000 words and up
- Novella: 15-44,999 words
- We are currently not accepting manuscripts of fewer than 15,000 words.
Harmony Ink Press is an imprint of Dreamspinner Press. Submissions inquiries of LGBTQ+ themed Young Adult fiction can be sent to our Submissions e-mail. Please indicate Young Adult in the subject line so the submission is given to the appropriate editor for review.
Visit harmonyinkpress.com/submission-guidelines for important notes, formatting information, and what you can expect from us.
See a more complete list of what we’re looking for at the original post. And please, give us feedback if there’s something you’d like to see that we’ve left out.